2021 Six-Day Synergetic Play Therapy® Intensive
June 26, 2021 - July 2, 2021
June 26th – July 2nd, 2021 – (one day off in the middle)
The Six-Day Synergetic Play Therapy® Intensive allows you to jump in and really experience the magic of Synergetic Play Therapy®! We hold these intensives regularly throughout the year, limiting this program to four people in order to permit extensive skill practice with individualized coaching and feedback. Each participant will be paired with a child client with whom they will work every day during the training under direct supervision as part of a therapeutic observation team. Dive into SPT and see if it’s right for you!
Six-Day Synergetic Play Therapy® Intensive objectives:
- Explain some of the neuroscience behind identifying children’s states of dysregulation during play therapy and how this influences the symptoms and play in the playroom.
- Describe how Synergetic Play Therapy® tools such as Nervous System Chart, The Process of Change, and explaining the Synergetic Play Therapy® Stages can help a parent understand the play therapy process and keep them engaged.
- Begin to assess a child’s emotional age in their play during the play therapy process.
- Demonstrate how mindfulness and self-awareness in the playroom is an essential component to helping widen a child’s emotional window of tolerance during play therapy.
- Demonstrate how to work with parents in the play therapy process and keep them engaged.
- Apply the use of boundaries to help reduce emotional flooding and overwhelm in both the child and the therapist during play therapy.
- Demonstrate how to set boundaries in play therapy without shaming or shutting down the child’s play.
- Describe the projective process and how children engage in “The Set Up” during play therapy, as a way to integrate their perceptions of what is challenging them.
- Use the therapist’s authenticity and attunement to support the attachment process in play therapy.
- Use regulation, in the midst of challenging play, as an essential component of becoming the child’s external regulator in the playroom.
- Use regulation to support a child’s ability to learn how to regulate during play therapy sessions.
Six-Day Synergetic Play Therapy® Intensive Prerequisite Training:
- Participants should have completed or be enrolled in a Master’s Degree (or equivalent) program in counseling, social work, or education.
- Previous experience working with children and families is also required.
- A basic understanding of play therapy and play therapy skills is required.
Get all the details and register here!