Six-Day Intensive Synergetic Play Therapy Training
July 7, 2017 - July 12, 2017
This six-day Intensive meets July 7-12, 2017
Happening several times throughout each year, the six-day intensive is for Masters-level therapists, teachers and clinicians who want to jump in and really experience the magic of Synergetic Play Therapy. Previous experience working with children and families is required.
Please call 720-458-9597 to verify that a space is available or for more information, go to playtherapycolorado.com
More 2017 Dates:
- July 7-12
- August 5-10
- September 29-October 1 & October 6-8
- November 3-5 & 10-12
- Participants should have completed or be enrolled in a Master’s Degree program in counseling, social work or education.
- Previous experience working with children and families is also required.
- Be able to facilitate the broadening of a child’s emotional window of tolerance and self-regulation by utilizing mindfulness and self-awareness in the playroom.
- Understand how the therapist’s authenticity and attunement supports the attachment process in play therapy.
- Understand ways that a play therapist can model to the child ways to regulate himself in a play therapy session.
- Understand the neuroscience behind identifying a child’s state of dys-regulation and how the child uses play therapy to re-pattern his nervous system.
This Play Therapy Training Program is limited to four people to permit extensive skill practice with individualized coaching and feedback. Each participant will be paired with a child client, with whom they will work every day during the training under direct supervision as part of a therapeutic observation team.
Participants will be required to:
- Attend all six days of the training–49 hours total
- Complete eight videotaped play therapy experiences with client
- Review all eight videotaped play therapy experiences with instructor
- Observe a minimum of 12 play therapy experiences with other intensive participants
- Attend all didactic and play therapy instruction sessions
- Attend and participate in daily group supervision
- Communicate with the child client’s parents/guardians daily
- Complete all required paperwork- intake, treatment plan, case notes, termination, etc.
“Wow! I learned so much. I was held in such a safe place to discover my authentic self in the playroom which I’m so grateful for. The support and encouragement has helped me become reconnected to my body, sensations and intuition. Thank you!” ~ Stephanie Trudeaux
APT Approved Provider 09-264.