Synergetic Play Therapy Certification Training
May 18, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
“This was a professional development course second to none! The best of the best.” ~ Certified SPT Graduate
This 9-month training that starts every September is designed for play therapists wanting to received advanced Training in Synergetic Play Therapy or want to become Certified Synergetic Play Therapists™.
- Attendance at 6-Day Synergetic Play Therapy™ Intensive Training with post supervision; or
- Internship or Externship focused on Synergetic Play Therapy; or
- Attendance at 6-month Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy Class with post supervision.
SPT Certification Program
During the Synergetic Play Therapy Certification Program, participants will gain a greater understanding and knowing of the tenets of Synergetic Play Therapy™ and themselves, along with an in-depth look at the neuroscience and research behind the model. Therapists will begin to study the details of how the play therapy works and have the opportunity to fine tune their skills. They will attend (on-site) two 3-day Training Retreats and (on-site or webinar) six 3-hour monthly classes focusing on the following within the context of a Synergetic Play Therapy process to explore
- Awareness, mindfulness and attention
- Attunement and Transition
- Mirror Neurons and Neurobiology
- Regression and Non-verbal states
- Attachment Processes and biology of the Nervous System
- Working with Parents
- Adoption, Sensory and Trauma
- Biology of Emotions and Windows of Tolerance
- Narratives and Perception
- Family and Group Processes
- Goodbyes and Endings
- Working with Teens and Adults
- And more…
Participants will also participate in individual supervision each month. Video observations, additional assignments and readings will also be required in order to maximize learning and integration of the material.
“Where do I begin? This training has provided so much growth for me personally and professionally. I feel like I have a better understanding of the process and how to facilitate growth within my client and within myself. This has been a life changing experience for me.” ~ Certified SPT Graduate
APT Approved Provider 09-264.
For more information about this program, please visit playtherapycolorado.com