The Neurobiology of Parenting
February 23, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Did you know when your child acts out their most problematic moods and behaviors, that’s actually their incredibly wise way of communicating with you in their lives? In this course, Lisa Dion, licensed professional counselor and registered play therapist, will teach you how to use the insights of modern neuroscience to better understand and shape your children’s moods and behaviors, while developing their brains! You will learn what it takes to truly raise children that are not only successful in life, but thrive. You will also learn how to understand what is happening in the minds and bodies of your children and what it takes to maximize their brain and emotional development and in yourself!
1. Why understanding your child’s nervous system will help you be a better parent.
2. Powerful techniques to understand tantrums and misbehavior.
3. The ability to clearly understand what your child is trying to communicate when they are misbehaving.
4. Techniques for helping your child manage their own nervous system and reduce problematic behaviors.
5. Easy to implement strategies to make you a more effective and attuned parent.
6. Powerful experiential exercises to help you deal with the challenges of parenting.
7. How to identify what is most important to your child and how to understand where they will be most successful in life
8. Understanding anxiety, depression, addictions, and other emotional struggles in children and how you can support them as the parent
In this course, Lisa makes the growing field of neuroscience accessible and relevant to parents of all backgrounds. This course caters to both experienced and new parents, and will help parents manage toddler tantrums, teenagers getting in trouble, or just the everyday stresses of parenting. Parents will leave with this course with a powerful new perspective on parenting.
How is this course different than other parenting courses?
This course focuses on the role of Neurobiology and is thus scientifically-backed. Many parenting classes and books have not yet integrated this new and extremely important research. Lisa Dion, a licensed counselor and extremely skilled presenter, simplifies this research into easy to implement parenting tips and techniques.