Vancouver: BC Play Therapy Association: Playing Perfectly: A Play Therapist’s Guide for Working with OCD in Play Therapy
From perfectionism to anxiety to self doubt, the world of a child struggling with OCD can be incredibly overwhelming. Come explore how to support these children in play therapy and discover how their need for perfection is in fact perfect.
- Identify at least 3 OCD themes and examples of their obsessions/compulsions to better understand a child’s symptoms in a play therapy process.
- Discuss the importance of the your role as the child’s external regulator in treating OCD during a play therapy session.
- Explore Synergetic Play Therapy’s concept of “The Set Up/The Offering” with OCD in the playroom.
- Explore how play therapy can help a child with OCD learn how to regulate through their anxiety.
- Name at least 3 ideas to help treat OCD in a play therapy process.
- Discuss the importance of working with the entire family system in play therapy when a child is struggling with OCD.
This workshop, Playing Perfectly: A Play Therapist’s Guide for Working with OCD in Play Therapy, will take place on Saturday, October 29, 2022 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Pacific.
This workshop is day two of two one-day workshops Lisa Dion is presenting at The British Columbia Play Therapy Association. The other workshop is Healing Medical Trauma in Play Therapy.
Attend one day or both! For more information and to register, CLICK HERE.